Friday, August 17, 2007

A's 8, White Sox 5

Have I mentioned before that I heart Kurt Suzuki? Well, I'll say it now - I heart Kurt Suzuki.

I'm rooting for this guy big time. I would love to see him as the starting catcher in 2008. It's his job to lose, really, but he needs to continue to put up the numbers to support his case. I was a little worried when he struggled early on after the Kendall trade, but he's been hitting well of late, and he's got his average back up to over .250 and his OPS at a respectable .780.

The three-run walk-off home run he crushed yesterday helped matters as well.

So after the nice three-game sweep of the White Sox, the A's now have a (gasp!) four game winning streak! Tonight we try to keep it going as Dan Meyer gets the ball against the Kansas City Royals.

That's right, folks. Mission: Justify the Hudson Trade begins now. Of course, Huddy is currently a Cy Young candidate in Atlanta, so it's going to take a lot more than one good game by Meyer to justify it. Still... Go A's!!!

No comments: